“We are Meals On Wheels so no senior goes hungry.”
CHEER Meals On Wheels Program
Annually, the CHEER Meals on Wheels program delivers in excess of 230,000 meals to eligible home-bound seniors in Sussex County. This vital service ensures that no senior in Sussex County goes hungry. If you, or someone you know, needs home-bound meal delivery, call us.
- Available to Home-bound Seniors
- Meals are delivered Monday through Friday, including those for weekends
- Holiday meals are part of program
- Meals designed to meet three types of diets
– Low Cholesterol
- Meals meet Dietary Reference Intakes (DRIs) and are heart healthy
- Menus analyzed and supervised by Registered Dietician
- Nutrition screening is promoted for at-risk seniors
- Meals delivered by CHEER volunteers
- CHEER outreach workers are trained to offer referrals for Home Health Services, transportation, and all aging services when appropriate.
Meals On Wheels Delaware is a private, nonprofit organization whose sole purpose is to raise funds to help support local Meals on Wheels programs like those provided by CHEER.
For more information on receiving meals, call (302) 856-5187
The Meals On Wheels Association of America (MOWAA) is the oldest and largest organization in the United States representing those who offer meal services to people in need. Since 1976, MOWAA has worked to arm local senior nutrition programs with the resources, tools and information they need to provide meals and make a difference in the lives of our neighbors, our veterans and all of our nation’s seniors who are facing the threat of hunger. CHEER is a proud member of The Meals on Wheels of America.
CHEER is a proud member of the National Association of Nutrition and Aging Services programs (NANASP). NANASP is a leading organization advocating for community-based senior nutrition programs and their staff. With members from across the United States, we are able to impact local, state and national public policy to maintain and improve the health and well-being of all older persons.