Caregiver Support Groups are available for caregivers who provide daily care for a loved one. Support Groups help you learn from others experiences as they learn from yours.
Caregiver Libraries are located in the Georgetown, Lewes, Long Neck, Ocean View and Milton CHEER Centers. The libraries offer informative and helpful training videos, comprehensive resource directories, books, pamphlets and informational resource materials on caregiving. Knowledgeable staff are available to assist you with your informational needs.
You can also make an appointment to meet with a Caregiver Coordinator at a CHEER convenient location for you for a Resource Consultation.
• Long Neck – 1st Tuesday, 1 p.m. (Alzheimer’s facilitator)
• Greenwood – 1st Thursday, 1 p.m. (Alzheimer’s facilitator)
• Ocean View – 1st Thursday, 6 p.m. (Alzheimer’s facilitator)
• Ocean View – 3rd Wednesday, 3 p.m. (Parkinson’s facilitator)
Families Raising Families:
• Caregiver Lunch – 2nd Wednesday, 12 noon-1 p.m. at CHEER Community Center, Georgetown
• Family Dinner – Last Monday, 5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. at CHEER Community Center, Georgetown