The Memory Café at CHEER is an informal social gathering where you can participate in activities that help retain and possibly improve memory skills. It is open to everyone who wants to work on their brain power. It is especially helpful to those suffering memory loss and their caregivers.
Bespoke Memory Café
Please visit our Greenwood or Longneck centers to participate in CHEER’s Bespoke Memory Café. This is a combination of support groups and the traditional Memory Café. It is set up to allow the caregiver to choose what is most helpful for their personal situation. The caregiver choices include participation with the support group, the social interaction of attending Memory Café with or without their loved one or having their loved one attend Memory Café and they can use that time as a mini respite to run errands or just relax.
Memory Cafe Helps:
• Prevent social isolation
• Make the reality of memory loss less traumatic
• Stimulate happy memories through creative arts and music.
• Form new friendships
• Give caregivers a chance to have fun with the mature adult
• Caregivers learn techniques to assist with their caregiver role
Memory Café at CHEER is designed to be a welcoming and accepting environment. The program engages participants in flexible programs which support people from different life experiences and at different stages of memory impairment.
The activities which occur during the Memory Café at CHEER will vary to fit the likes and needs of those in attendance. Seniors wanting to keep their minds active are also welcome.
• Georgetown – Tuesday, 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
• Long Neck – Tuesday, 1 p.m.-3 p.m.
• Milton – Thursday, 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
• Greenwood – Thursday, 1 p.m.-3 p.m.
• Ocean View – Friday, 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
• Roxana – Friday, 12:15 p.m.- 2 p.m.