Join CHEER, Inc.,
Sussex County’s Leading Senior services provider
ALL POSITIONS FOR IMMEDIATE HIRE!
VOLUNTEER SERVICES DIRECTOR
Hiring a full-time (8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with 30 minute mid-day break) Volunteer Services Director. The primary focus of this position is to recruit, train, place, evaluate, retain and recognize the volunteers and activities in support of community programs within the CHEER Agency to supplement staff resources. The following list is representative of the duties and responsibilities of the position, but is not to be construed as all inclusive:
- Develop, formalize, and maintain the volunteer program.
- Works with Department Director(s) and administration to develop a comprehensive volunteer needs assessment.
- Works with Program Directors to ensure that all volunteer positions/needs are fulfilled.
- Recruit and retain Agency volunteers; promote volunteerism through participation in community-wide events, social media, CHEER website, contact with local media and professional organizations, and making presentations to civic and community groups.
- Develop and maintain a Volunteer Orientation Handbook, Volunteer Application, Volunteer Policies & Procedures Manual, Volunteer Job Descriptions, and arrange for Volunteers to attend Agency orientation program.
- Ensure that Volunteers are properly trained for their position(s); provide support and information about positive volunteer relations for Staff who work with Volunteers; and follow up with Volunteer(s) and related Staff for continued positive relations.
- Arrange for recognition of Volunteers for their services, including annual volunteer apprecitation event(s).
- Complete reports, write business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Interpret and report all statistics and information regarding volunteers as required. Maintain current / active list / database of volunteers, descriptions of postions, and statistics pertaining to volunteers.
- Supervise the CHEERmobile Mini-Market Program. Responsible for overseeing service promotion, client recruitment, effective delivery route system, inventory pricing, changes and controls. Schedule Volunteers to assist in delivery of service to Clients. Supervise CHEERmobile Stagg Drivers.
- Attend and develop all training programs, workshop sessions and other volunteer program related meetings as necessary.
- Assist in Fundraising activities which involve volunteer programs, volunter participation, and/or volunteer recognition.
- Two-year degree in Human Resources, Marketinng, Business Administration or related field AND two years supervisory experience, primarily with volunteers OR equivalent years of experience as a Volunteer Coordinator with supervisory duties. Marketing/Public Relations experience necessary.
- Able to proritize multiple tasks to effectively complete projects and comply with deadlines.
- Good oral and written communitcation skills.
- Effective presentation skills.
Preferred skill: Grant Writing
Hiring a full-time (8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with 30 minute mid-day break) Facilities Manager to coordinate all repairs and maintenance of the CHEER facilities. Strong knowledge of project planning, management ad experience with construction projects and space management conditions, heating systems, etc. Responsible for: maintaining buildings and grounds; develope, evaluate and implement preventive maintenance plans; analyze and plan maintenance work force utilization; interface with operations management, vendors and other staff regarding maintenance issues. Minimum requirements for this postion are: HS diploma or equivalent preferred; minimum 5-years experience in maintenance mangement and project planning;ability to lift up to 50lbs.; ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations to clients, vendors, and agency employees. Must have valid driver's license and proof of insurance. Extended work hours are periodically required to support programs and activities. Must be able to work occasional evening and weekend hours. EOE.
FACILITIES MANAGER ASSISTANT
Hiring a full-time (8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with 30 minute mid-day break) Facilities Manager Assistant to clean and maintain the interior and exterior of the CHEER's Community Center and residential apartments in Georgetown. Perform routine maintenance jobs and repairs at the Community Center and other CHEER facilities as needed; vacuum carpeting, area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture; clean disinfect kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances; restock restrooms with paper supplies; pick up debris and empty trash containers daily; dust and polish furniture, walls, machines and equipment; set up/break down chairs and tables for meetings; sweep side walk ways, mow lawn, shovel snow as necessary; maintain grounds in clean and neat condition; sweep, mop, wash, was and polish floors; contribute to team effort by performing other related duties as needed. Minimum requirements for this position are HS diploma or equivalent preferred; 2-years janitorial experience. Must maintain current Delaware Defensive Driving Certification. Ability to lift 75 pounds. Must posses both oral and written communication skills. Good general health is necessary. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations to clients and other agency employees. Must have valid driver's license and proof of insurance. Extended work hours are periodically required to support programs and activities. Must be able to work occasional evening and weekend hours. EOE.
CENTER DIRECTOR - LONG NECK CHEER CENTER
Full-time position, M-F with excellent benefits. Duties include scheduling, daily data entry, report writing with correspondence, planning and organizing activities for the center. Strong computer skills and ability to multi-task is a must. Associate Degree preferred. EOE.
OUTREACH WORKER - GREENWOOD
Looking for a talented individual to manage cases for CHEER's homebound senior population. Skilled in case management (assessments, documenting needs requirements, case notes) scheduling volunteers for meal delivery and willing to deliver for the Meals On Wheels program. Must have a 2-year Associate Degree or two years of experience in substitution of each year of education. EOE.
CHEER is looking for an energetic and skilled LPN looking for part-time work in the CHEER Adult Day Program. Two (2) days a week looking to start October 1st.
DIRECT CARE WORKERS
Part-time available (minimum of 20 hours and evenings or weekends) to provide personal in-home assistance to Sussex County's senior population. Applicants must have a valid driver's License, up-to-date auto insurance, reliable transportation,and drive to client's homes. Some record keeping required. Starting pay is $11 per hour, $12 with CNA certificate. Weekend/holiday pay differential offered. Background check through BCC, PDD tests and a Physical Examination are required.
pasa placement coordinator
Full-time Placement Coordinator. Position is 40 hours per week, M-F, with excellent benefits. Position requires on-call when needed. Must have very good supervising skills, customer service skills, telephone, scheduling and computer skills with ability to multi-task. EOE.
FULL TIME COOK
Night Shift - 1 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at CHEER's Central Kitchen in Georgetown. Varied hours and occasional over-time when needed. Must have minimum 3-5 years of cooking experience with ability to interpret documents and safety rules. Applicants must be able to multi-task in fast-paced kitchen and have ability to lift minimum 50 lbs. ServSafe certified preferred. Must have up-to-date driver's license. EOE
Milton CHEER Center. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Must be able to stand for long periods of time while filing bags or cartons with portions of food, serving meals, transferring supplies and performing other administrative duties. Ability to multi-task, follow basic kitchen duty directions.
FOOD VAN DRIVER
Needed to transport food and supplies from CHEER's main kitchen to senior centers on an estblished route. Must have high school diploma or equivalent; valid driver's license and proof of insurance; maintain Defensive Driving Certification; some knowledge of auto mechanics; ability to read and follow map, verbal and written directions; current physical exam and re-examined every 12 months including drug test and optical exam; ability to lift 50 lbs. max; ability to read and interpret documents. Various PT hours, mostly mornings. Extended hours periodically required. Must be able to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
greenwood cheer center
Have the skill to Mop and Shine? Greenwood CHEER, Inc. locations are looking for YOU! Mon.-Fri. afternoons, $12/hr. 3-4 hours per day.
546 South Bedford St.
Georgetown, DE 19947
E.O.E. It is the policy of CHEER to provide employment opportunities equally to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE.