Delaware Does More
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) is an unprecedented challenge. The virus is especially hard on children in low-income households and the working poor.
Delaware Does More is a community collaborative to meet increased demand for food, shelter and utilities assistance in Delaware during the 2020 Coronavus Pandemic.
Our approach is to work collaboratively to:
- Identify gaps in service.
- Develop plans to close those gaps.
- Generate incremental resources to close those gaps.
- Reach out to the business community, private donors, and others.
- Promote for help to cope with the expected increase demand.
- Avoid duplication of effort among nonprofit agencies.
Alleviate the impact of COVID-19 on low income children and the working poor by supplementing and supporting the ongoing efforts of government, school systems and social service agencies.
Quickly raise incremental funds, solicit goods and services necessary to support this goal, and support appropriate volunteerism efforts to address the impact of the COVID-19 crisis.
The Delaware Does More: COVID-19 Rapid Response Fund is managed by United Way of Delaware. 100% of all donations go directly to these charities: West End Neighborhood House, Jewish Famiily Services of Delaware, The Latin American Community Center, Catholic Charities, CHEER Activity Centers, and Modern Maturity.